Tourism Langley’s Grant and Sponsorship program is designed to support new or existing festivals and events held within the Township of Langley. This program aims to encourage our stakeholders to build partnerships, combine resources, and create new tourism opportunities that increase local tourism revenue, visitation, and economic benefits within the Township of Langley.
All applicants should have the financial resources to execute their event without additional funding support from Tourism Langley. Successful applicants must direct their awarded funding towards new marketing initiatives. Applicants must apply on an annual basis, as there are no multi-year commitments at this time. All applications will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis.
Application Intake Dates:
|Events Dates:||Application Due:|
|January 1 – April 30, 2019||April 1, 2019|
|May 1 – December 31, 2019||December 1, 2019|
|January 1 – April 30, 2020||November 15, 2019|
|**Should your application be received after the due date, it will still be reviewed, however, applications received within the required dates are given priority**|
The Event, Grant, and Sponsorship program is intended to:
- Encourage year-round applications, however, preference will be given to applications with event dates between October through April, which also includes overnight visitation (the need for hotel rooms) within the Township of Langley.
- Support events which contribute to the broader well-being of the community, encouraging new daytime visitation within the Township of Langley
- Inspire event organizers to collaborate and source Tourism Langley stakeholders first, where possible
- Help event organizers improve/innovate/launch their current or new festival/event within the Township of Langley
- Complete the application form in full. Applications must be typed; no hand-written applications will be accepted. Missing information will prevent the application from being reviewed
- Attach all required documents to support your application:
- Event Budget / Financial Planning statement
- Previous years event financials (if this is not a first-time event)
- Full/detailed Marketing Plan including how Tourism Langley funding will support your event
- After submitting your application and receiving your email receipt, the organizing committee must arrange a consultation with Tourism Langley staff to review the application requirements, funding guidelines, and partnership expectations. Should this not be completed, the application will not be reviewed
Review Process & Funding Decisions
After the consultation meeting with Tourism Langley, in addition to meeting all application requirements and a full application review, Tourism Langley will notify the applicant via email of the decision and next steps.
Digital marketing initiatives are preferred for tracking/return on investment purposes. Please note that applications may not necessarily be funded at the full amount requested. Approved funds must be spent in their entirety as outlined on their application, before December 31st of the year for which funds were requested.
Should your application be successful, Grant recipients agree to comply with all terms identified herein, and acknowledge that the financial support of Tourism Langley will be prominently displayed in the event’s promotional material and social media, through the use of the “in partnership with Tourism Langley” logo which will be supplied.
Tourism Langley will provide funding through two payments to successful applicants:
- The first 50% of funding will be provided within 30 days of the application’s approval
- The remaining 50% will be provided within 45 days of the completion of the event, upon:
- a full review of final event expenses
- including proof of payment receipts to support the application’s funding request to be used towards the new marketing initiative
- a post-event report including successes, opportunities for improvement, and marketing results from Tourism Langley’s investment must be completed to receive the second half of funding
- a full review of final event expenses
The following expenses are ineligible for funding:
- Alcohol or tobacco purchases
- Cash prizes giveaways
- GST/PST/HST/any tax payment
- Municipal facility rentals
- Music or performance rights/SOCAN fees
- Daily operating expenses of the organization
- Infrastructure/capital expenses
- Travel expenses