April 28th, 2019
Apple Appetizer Afternoon Cider Launch
April 11, 2019
LEPS has partnered with the Fraser Valley Cider Company to create a special cider made entirely of apples harvested from Langley fruit trees through the Community Harvest Program. The Community Harvest Program sees volunteers pick fruit that would otherwise fall to the ground and go to waste. While most of the fruit harvested through this program is donated to Langley food banks and other service agencies, cider was the ideal way to use the 1,800 lbs of less-than-perfect apples they couldn’t use.
Called ‘Gleaners Gold’, the cider is fruity and perfectly balanced, with a pucker from wild and crab apples. A portion of the proceeds from each bottle goes to support LEPS!
To launch the cider, LEPS is hosting an Apple Appetizer Afternoon on Sunday April 28 from 4-6pm at the Fraser Valley Cider Co. The event will be catered by Well Seasoned, and will feature a selection of appetizers made using locally sourced, farm fresh ingredients, with an apple theme:
– Cheese & Charcuterie boards with all of the accompaniments out for grazing
– Apple Wedges with homemade caramel dip out for grazing
– Well Seasoned house made Bacon Jam with Apple Cider pop tarts
– Cheesy biscuits with shaved pork & apple chutney
– Central Park Farms Chicken & Apple Sausage sliders
– Spicy Apple Lettuce Wraps with Central Park Chicken
– Apple Cider Cupcakes with Cider Buttercream
All protein is sourced locally from Central Park Farms and Bonetti Meats. Each ticket also includes a glass of this spectacular cider, with the option to purchase additional glasses, or bottles to take home and enjoy. Event includes live music by Jessica Barbour (https://jessica-barbour.com/), and some fun activities- apple bobbing anyone?
All proceeds will support the Community Harvest Program.