In 2006, the City of Langley and the Township of Langley embarked upon a joint tourism planning initiative.
Through Tourism B.C.’s Community Tourism Foundations program, which provides resources to assist communities in developing a comprehensive tourism plan, the initiative began. Tourism B.C. oversaw the planning process and the project that included the guidance and assistance of a working group comprising of 18 representatives from the communities, including the municipalities, accommodation properties, attractions, the Chamber of Commerce, other tourism-related businesses, and the regional tourism association. The Langley Tourism Plan was completed in September, 2006, and Tourism Langley officially opened their doors January 1, 2008.
Tourism Langley is a Destination Management Organization (D.M.O.), and not-for-profit society, governed by an independent Board of Directors who is mandated to deliver effective marketing strategies that will generate increased visitation, extended stays, more revenues and increased daily expenditures for businesses in the City and Township of Langley.
Tourism Langley recognizes the value events play in showcasing a community while contributing to its quality of life, local economy and cultural identity. As a key stakeholder in the Langleys, Tourism Langley is committed to supporting and facilitating event organizers with new and/or existing initiatives that attract visitors to our community and profile our tourist attractions while increasing our overall tourism industry capacity. Tourism Langley has developed the following event funding guidelines to provide financial support to events hosted in the Langleys.
Funds for events are for the purpose of sponsorship, and not considered a grant. Tourism Langley will act as other commercial sponsors in terms of recognition and benefits. This will be negotiated on an individual basis.
- To ensure best value from Tourism Langley’s investment and that a fair and transparent process is used in allocation of the event sponsorship funds.
- To strategically invest in events that position Langley as a key destination in the Fraser Valley.
- To further develop the range of existing events to maximize the economic and social benefits to the community and to increase Langley’s reputation as a destination.
- To expand the brand strategy for Tourism Langley and to maximize exposure through a variety of campaigns including media, corporate alliances and signage.
Under the noted criteria, you must display how your event will result in at least one of the following benefits.
1. Exposure and promotion for Langley
The event increases awareness of Langley through a variety of promotional programs. It positions Langley as a premier destination within the Lower Mainland and offers maximum sponsorship recognition to targeted audiences.
2. Economic benefits for Langley
The event proves to increase the number of visitors to Langley, thereby providing economic benefits to local businesses. If possible, historical data i.e.; results from past events, R.O.I., or outcomes that are consistent with the mission of Tourism Langley.
3. Promote community pride for residents of Langley
The event provides Langley residents with options in entertainment and/or recreational activities and creates a more vibrant and diverse local lifestyle.
REQUEST FOR FUNDING
Funding requests will be reviewed through a proposal process and assessed on an individual basis based on the event concept, quality of information provided, and how it meets the vision of Tourism Langley.
Proposals must be submitted 3 months prior to the event, and include the following:
- Overall concept or broad outline of the event
- Explanation on the purpose of the event
- Indicate dates and anticipated attendance for the event
- Provide details of the proposed location or venue
- Outline the benefits offered to Tourism Langley
Please also provide the following:
- Provide a simple budget outlining the event costs, including cash flow projections and profit/loss forecasts.
- Provide a marketing and promotional plan identifying specific target markets.
Upon completion of your event (within 30 days) please submit a one page summary outlining why your event was a success; also include the actual number of participants or teams and spectators, actual income sources and expenses (if available), as well as photos of your event.
Disclaimer: We welcome all sponsorship requests; however decisions regarding financial support are at our sole discretion. Unfortunately, due to the number of requests we receive, Tourism Langley is not in the position to support every application.
All proposals must be submitted attention:
Executive Director, Tourism Langley
E206 20159 88th Avenue
We can make your
Langley trip even better.
Call us at 604-371-1477
Savour delicious wines and enjoy freshly baked goods.
Fresh air, sunshine and lots of perfectly ripened produce.
With over 600 shops to choose from, there's something for you.
Enjoy a day trip or camp-out on an incredible wildlife adventure.