In 2006, the City of Langley and the Township of Langley embarked upon a joint tourism planning initiative.
Through Tourism B.C.’s Community Tourism Foundations program, which provides resources to assist communities in developing a comprehensive tourism plan, the initiative began. Tourism B.C. oversaw the planning process and the project that included the guidance and assistance of a working group comprising of 18 representatives from the communities, including the municipalities, accommodation properties, attractions, the Chamber of Commerce, other tourism-related businesses, and the regional tourism association. The Langley Tourism Plan was completed in September, 2006, and Tourism Langley officially opened their doors January 1, 2008.
Tourism Langley is a Destination Management Organization (D.M.O.), and not-for-profit society, governed by an independent Board of Directors who is mandated to deliver effective marketing strategies that will generate increased visitation, extended stays, more revenues and increased daily expenditures for businesses in the City and Township of Langley.
Tourism Langley is seeking members of the community to serve on the Langley Visitor Centre Advisory Committee.
Purpose of the Committee
• To review the provisions of the Langley Visitor Centre
• To consider options to rationalize and improve the Langley Visitor Centre
• To consider opportunities to increase awareness to the Langley Visitor Centre
• To review options and potential for expanded visitor services and/or kiosks within the Langley communities and to establish a framework for an expanded network.
• To involve and consult with external stakeholders and external partners.
To provide a report to the Tourism Langley Board of Directors including recommendations for the future of the Langley Visitor Centre.
To increase its knowledge base and depth of available expertise, the Tourism Langley Board of Directors supports the input of a Langley Visitor Centre Advisory Committee. The Langley Visitor Centre Advisory Committee provides its feedback and advice to Tourism Langley.
Composition of the Committee
The committee is to be comprised of no more than 6 members selected by the Board. Two of the members of the Committee will be Board members, one of whom the Board will designate as the Chair. The Executive Director of Tourism Langley shall be an ex-officio member of the Committee.
The Committee will determine a schedule that suits the members. The Committee will meet a minimum of 5 times per year.
Tourism Langley will be responsible for circulating an agenda prior to each meeting. Tourism Langley will also record and distribute minutes of the meeting to Committee members.
The Langley Visitor Centre makes use of a slat wall system for displaying brochures. This provides a flexible way of displaying brochures in a variety of sizes and an effective way for our Certified Travel Counsellors to promote your business.
Brochure racking fees are:
1 year term (minimum) $75
Non - Profit $50
Seasonal (max 6 months) $40
Business outside of Langley $100
(prices do not include GST)
Not only is the Tourism Langley Visitor Centre a resource for local information, it also is promoted as a resource for travel information for all of British Columbia.
Don’t miss out on capturing this business, to rack your brochure please fill out the attached form and return with payment to Tourism Langley.
For more information contact:
Tourism Langley recognizes the value events play in showcasing a community while contributing to its quality of life, local economy and cultural identity. As a key stakeholder in the Langleys, Tourism Langley is committed to supporting and facilitating event organizers with new and/or existing initiatives that attract visitors to our community and profile our tourist attractions while increasing our overall tourism industry capacity. Tourism Langley has developed the following event funding guidelines to provide financial support to events hosted in the Langleys.
Funds for events are for the purpose of sponsorship, and not considered a grant. Tourism Langley will act as other commercial sponsors in terms of recognition and benefits. This will be negotiated on an individual basis.
- To ensure best value from Tourism Langley’s investment and that a fair and transparent process is used in allocation of the event sponsorship funds.
- To strategically invest in events that position Langley as a key destination in the Fraser Valley.
- To further develop the range of existing events to maximize the economic and social benefits to the community and to increase Langley’s reputation as a destination.
- To expand the brand strategy for Tourism Langley and to maximize exposure through a variety of campaigns including media, corporate alliances and signage.
Under the noted criteria, you must display how your event will result in at least one of the following benefits.
1. Exposure and promotion for Langley
The event increases awareness of Langley through a variety of promotional programs. It positions Langley as a premier destination within the Lower Mainland and offers maximum sponsorship recognition to targeted audiences.
2. Economic benefits for Langley
The event proves to increase the number of visitors to Langley, thereby providing economic benefits to local businesses. If possible, historical data i.e.; results from past events, R.O.I., or outcomes that are consistent with the mission of Tourism Langley.
3. Promote community pride for residents of Langley
The event provides Langley residents with options in entertainment and/or recreational activities and creates a more vibrant and diverse local lifestyle.
REQUEST FOR FUNDING
Funding requests will be reviewed through a proposal process and assessed on an individual basis based on the event concept, quality of information provided, and how it meets the vision of Tourism Langley.
Proposals must be submitted 3 months prior to the event, and include the following:
- Overall concept or broad outline of the event
- Explanation on the purpose of the event
- Indicate dates and anticipated attendance for the event
- Provide details of the proposed location or venue
- Outline the benefits offered to Tourism Langley
Please also provide the following:
- Provide a simple budget outlining the event costs, including cash flow projections and profit/loss forecasts.
- Provide a marketing and promotional plan identifying specific target markets.
Upon completion of your event (within 30 days) please submit a one page summary outlining why your event was a success; also include the actual number of participants or teams and spectators, actual income sources and expenses (if available), as well as photos of your event.
Disclaimer: We welcome all sponsorship requests; however decisions regarding financial support are at our sole discretion. Unfortunately, due to the number of requests we receive, Tourism Langley is not in the position to support every application.
All proposals must be submitted attention:
Executive Director, Tourism Langley
#2 7888 200th St
We can make your
Langley trip even better.
Call us at 604-888-1477
Savour delicious wines and enjoy freshly baked goods.
Fresh air, sunshine and lots of perfectly ripened produce.
With over 600 shops to choose from, there's something for you.
Enjoy a day trip or camp-out on an incredible wildlife adventure.