- This event has passed.
Meteor Shower Watch
August 13, 2016 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Join astronomers with telescopes as they search the night sky for the Perseids meteor shower. Enjoy lantern-lit trails, blacklight skits, games, crafts, storytelling and other entertainment. Camp overnight to extend your star gazing experience.
Aldergrove Elks Lodge #66 concession available for hot drinks, food and Sunday morning breakfast, CASH ONLY. Meet at Aldergrove Bowl entrance at 501 Lefeuvre Rd, Abbotsford.
All ages. Drop-in, $2 per person
For information, call 604-530-4983
Presented with the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Event Camping Guidelines
Camping set up is 5 – 8pm
- No vehicles permitted in tenting area – RVs in designated area only.
- Staff or security will be on duty all night.
Gate will be closed after 11 pm. Security will only open the gate for emergency or special circumstances.
- NO smoking, campfires, gas camp stoves, briquettes or generators due to high fire danger.
- The Elk Association will sell food and beverages Saturday evening and breakfast on Sunday morning as part of their charity fundraiser.
- Washrooms and drinking water will remain overnight at the event site for campers.
- Do not leave barking dogs unattended at camp.
- After midnight, please be quiet in camping area. To minimize noise for campers after midnight – only star gazing is permitted at the astronomy field south of the parking lot.
- Alcohol and drugs are prohibited
Camps must be packed up by 11 am, Sunday, August 14th. We hope you enjoy the event!